In this overview you’ll find a list of the best ingredients for smoothies together with short qualifications. If you have an idea about the benefits eating fruits and vegetables, you can compose your own smoothie according your special needs and taste. Moreover, you can discover a total new world of eating culture combining vegetables with fruits.
How organic food is hearty and healthy at the same time.
Generally speaking, all vegetables and fruits have common benefits in the following areas: weight management, cancer risk reduction, cardiovascular health support, improved digestion, anti aging and much more. The reason for that lies in the specific vitamins, phytochemicals as antioxidants, minerals and fibers which every natural product has. For best results look for whole foods which are biologically produced.
>>> For recipes look here <<<
- Broccoli: cancer prevention, strong antioxidant and detox ♦ vitamin K, C and A.
- Cabbage: strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory ♦ vitamin K, C and B6, manganese, polyphenols.
- Carrot: antioxidant, vision health, antioxidant ♦ lots of vitamin A and K, biotin.
- Celery (Stalk): antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect, digestive health ♦ vitamin K, molybdenum.
- Cucumber: anti-inflammatory effect, cancer prevention ♦ vitamin K, molybdenum, bittern.
- Spinach: anti-inflammatory effect, cancer prevention, bone strength ♦ vitamin K, A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron.
- Apple: metabolic health, cell regeneration ♦ lots of vitamin C, A , fiber.
- Apricot: enhance vision, strong antioxidant ♦ vitamin C and A.
- Avocados: heart protector, skin care, weight loss ♦ vitamin K, B6, E and C, mono-unsaturated fatty acids
- Banana: cocktail of energy and health ♦ vitamin B6, C, manganese, potassium, magnesium.
- Coconut: energy booster, fat burner, infection preventers, hunger killer, heart protector ♦ medium chain triglycerides, lauric acid, saturated fats
- Orange: resistance against infectious agents ♦ vitamin C, fiber, folate.
- Raspberry: supporter for feminine health and fertility, mood lifter ♦ vitamin C, fiber, manganese
- Strawberry: brain food, immunity booster, eye protector, cancer fighter, anti-inflammatory, blood pressure regulator ♦ vitamin C, manganese, fiber.
Of course this list is just a personal though solid choice. Depending on the season and the region you live in, there are other natural products that are missing becasue they are not available. That’s why the list must be revised from now on.
The most important tool you need to create your own fresh smoothie is a strong blender. When I started I thought it wasn’t important what kind of blender I take. The result wasn’t as good as I hoped, so I stopped doing my own smoothies. Only after a friend showed me the power of a strong blender, everything changed. Now I have one and I don’t want to miss it anymore!
To sum it up, it would be great if you could mention some of your favorite ingredients in the comments below. I’ll pick them up and add them to my list. Thanks!