Looking from space on the dark side of the earth, one can determine the urban culture of western civilization by the amount of artificial light. In other words, night has been turned into day and the natural impulse to fall asleep after sunset is being suspended. Many live in a world where they are challenged to give sleep a chance. A persisting fear creeps up of missing out on singular opportunities. Against that I hold all the health benefits dreaming the night away.
Main benefits of sleep
Sleep is a condition of deep relaxation, an adjustment and renewal of organic and psychic processes. Three main aspects can be found:
- Regenerate: only possibility not to think (during deep sleep).
- Restore: where the cells are fed.
- Repair: where defects are mended.
7 steps towards a better sleep
- Before you go to sleep: relaxation exercises or a short walk.
- Keep regular sleep rhythm, vary only about 30 minutes
- Don’t sleep to0 much. Adults: between 6 – 8 hours, the older the less.
- 10-minutes-sleep: twice a day if possible, 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Dinner: only light fare like vegetable, rice, little meat (or none), little alcohol.
- Not too much TV. Best stop 1 hour before bedtime.
- Good quality bedding, so the body is not going to disturb.
Please consider that your brain needs much energy in order go to sleep. If you need additional support, use natural supplements like Valerian, St. John’s wort, Melissa, Hops and Lavender.